DMRC : Facilities for Women passengers
Delhi Metro is fully committed towards safety and security of Women Passengers. Delhi Metro understands the needs of women passengers and has reserved a car especially for lady passengers. The first car of a train in moving direction is reserved for ladies in Red, Yellow & Blue lines and common earmarked car in both direction movements in Green & Violet lines. Adequate signages have been provided to clearly indicate the area of platform where the reserved car normally stops.
In addition to this, earmarked seats with adequate signage are reserved in other cars for lady passengers.
In pursuit to provide safe and convenient travelling experience to Women Passengers, Delhi Metro has made following provisions;
- Women only coach in every train.
- Reserved seats for women in every coach.
- Fine of Rs. 250/- on male passengers for travelling in women coach
- Zero tolerance for drunkards and trouble makers.
- CCTV surveliance at stations, platforms and in train coaches.
- Patrolling of the platform after sunset hours have been intensified by security forces(CISF).
- Quick reaction teams has been deployed to nab the offenders.
- Ladies CISF staff has been deployed at stations for frisking of lady passengers.
- Teams are deployed for checking male commuters travelling in Ladies Coach.
- Special drive in first week of every month has been launched.
- At Central Secretariat - Badarpur & Inderlok-Mundka Stations as the trains are being reversed from the same platform and therefore the same coach is being used for ladies in either direction w.e.f. 16.02.13.
Click the PDF file for Facilities for Women passengers