Book Launch Ceremony of “25 MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES FOR DELHI METRO’S SUCCESS…THE SREEDHARAN WAY” By Mr Anuj Dayal Points made by Professor Biju Varkkey, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, AHMEDABAD
POINTS MADE BY MS. NAMRATA ARORA, HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL
- This is an eminently readable book that spans across all the aspects related to the Delhi Metro. This book will immensely benefit the managers and students who wish to emulate and learn about the functioning of the Metro.
- The book provides interesting insights into important project execution requirements such as leadership, man management, contractor management and above all, the need to become good human beings.
- The book makes for extremely lucid reading and is enriched by rare photographs and anecdotes. The photograph of the Metro coach coming out of an aircraft is worth mentioning, as it showed DMRC’s urgency to complete the task at hand by going beyond the accepted practice of bringing coaches by sea.
- Reading this book would make all of us proud of our country as it shows how projects can be successfully implemented if executed with integrity.
- Mr. Anuj Dayal has been with the DMRC for a long time and has seen this organization develop from very close quarters. This experience has helped him to deeply analyse the management strategies and present them very lucidly and interestingly in the form of this book.
POINTS MADE BY MR. MANGU SINGH, MANAGING DIRECTOR, DMRC
The book provides an insightful overview into the brilliant journey of the Delhi Metro and Dr. Sreedharan’s profound influence in creating an efficient work culture.
- This wonderful book reflects the unique work culture of the DMRC and the core values established and strengthened by Dr. E Sreedharan which have helped Delhi Metro to become so successful.
- All aspects necessary for successful project management have been adequately covered in this book. Therefore, this book will be very informative for those readers who want to know more about the Metro.
- It has been written in very easy language and makes for interesting reading. This book is a result of the practical experiences gained by the author and not a theoretical document.