Traffic diversion plan on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and ITO cross road
Traffic diversion plan on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and ITO cross road :
For the construction of the upcoming ITO Metro station (under ground) on
the Central Secretariat - Kashmere Gate line of Phase III , the traffic
diversion is planed on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and ITO cross road (Agrawal Chowk) with effect from 21st April 2012.
The diversion will be done in a phased manner during the construction of
the said station. The significant points for the diversion are as
1. The barricading will be put up on the night of 20th April 2012.
Traffic trials will be done on the week days to see the traffic pattern.
1. The traffic going from ITO towards Delhi Gate will be diverted on
DDU Marg, Vishnu Digambhar Marg and Kotla Marg. The traffic coming from
Delhi Gate to ITO will not be affected.
1. The DDU Marg, Vishnu Digambhar Marg and Kotla Marg have been widened for the traffic movement.
1. About 20 trained traffic marshals are being deputed to manage the traffic along with traffic police.
1. Ample signage for road diversion, parking etc are being put up for the guidance of public.
1. To enable the smooth flow of traffic, the parking along the Kotla Roadwill not be permitted.
1. The bus stop at BSZ Marg (in front of Post Office) will be shifted on Kotla Marg.
1. The Traffic Diversion Plans have been made with the help of
specialized traffic consultants such as Mr Jeevan Mattoo and M/s TPA
consultants with the approval of the Delhi Traffic Police.
1. The traffic plans have been designed to ensure that within the
existing site constraints the public inconvenience is minimized to the
maximum extent possible.