Women gives birth to baby girl in metro; DMRC takes initiative to take her to hospital,provide all necessary help
A A woman gave birth to a baby girl inside a moving Metro train on the Badarpur – Central Secretariat corridor today.
- Smt. Juli Devi, 27, wife of Sh. Sanjit Singh, resident of Faridabad, gave birth to the girl at 7.28 AM when the train was approaching the Central Secretariat Metro station. The couple was on its way to the Safdarjung hospital by Metro
- They were immediately rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital by Metro authorities who arranged an ambulance and took care of all the other necessary formalities at the hospital.
- DMRC’s Managing Director, Sh. Mangu Singh has also announced that the medical expenses of the family incurred at the hospital will be paid by DMRC.
- Initially, the non availability of nursery for the baby was a cause for concern at the hospital. However, the Metro staff immediately contacted the hospital authorities, and sought their cooperation in admitting the baby. The hospital authorities also went out of their way to provide all the required support.
- The baby and the mother are now in healthy condition. Two Station Manager level women employees of DMRC have been deputed at the hospital since morning to take care of them, as initially there no women family members to attend to the mother and the baby.
- Other necessary help such as providing a vehicle for movement of the family members has also been arranged.
- DMRC has tie-ups with ambulance services across the city as part of which they provide ambulance to the commuters in case of any emergency. The station staff also have phone numbers of near by hospitals so that immediate medical attention can be provided to the commuters. The staff are also trained in providing first aid at the Training School at Shastri Park.