Delhi Metro undertaking ‘Swachh Metro’ campaign from 2nd oct- 07th oct 2016 under ‘Swachh Baharat Abhiyan`
The Delhi Metro, in its constant endeavour to promote cleanliness in and around Metro premises will be undertaking a special ‘Swachh Metro’ campaign from 2nd October, 2016 to 7th October 2016 under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’. The objective of campaign is to reinforce the message of cleanliness amongst public and work towards a clean and better environment for all its installations and nearby surroundings. The campaign has covered/will cover a host of activities during this period as listed below:
1) Swachh Bharat Pledge and street plays by DMRC staff: The campaign was launched with Swachh Bharat Pledge taken by all the DMRC staff on duty at all the Metro stations and depots of the Delhi Metro Network. This was followed by street plays at 15 major stations (Mandi House, Rajiv Chowk, Karol Bagh, Noida City Centre, Akshardham, Central Secretariat, New Delhi, AIIMS, Sikanderpur, Nehru Place, Inderlok, Kashmere Gate, Dilshad Garden, Shahdara and Chandni Chowk) which were performed exclusively by DMRC staff, focussing on the importance of cleanliness and educating general public in an entertaining manner. (Photos attached)
2) Online Slogan Writing Competition: The Delhi Metro will be organising an ‘Online Slogan Writing Competition’ on the topic ‘Swachh Metro’ for all its Smart Card Users from 3rd October 2016 to 7th October 2016. The online entries in English and Hindi will be accepted for this competition on our website www.delhimetrorail.com. The winners will be awarded by Delhi Metro.
3) Street Plays (Nukkad Nataks): A series of Street Plays (Nukkad Nataks) will be organised from 4th to 6th October 2016 at 12 major Metro stations spanning across the entire Delhi-NCR network of the Delhi Metro for wider public awareness on cleanliness. The stations are: Vishwavidyalaya, Kashmere Gate, Chandni Chowk, Dwarka Sec-21, Rajiv Chowk, NOIDA City Centre, Vaishali, HUDA City Centre, Malviya Nagar, Central Secretariat and Escorts Mujesar.
4) Cleanliness drive with the Ministry of Tourism: The Delhi Metro in collaboration with the Incredible India, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India will be organizing a special cleanliness drive on 7th October, 2016 at the New Delhi Metro station. About 150 volunteers along with Metro staff will participate in this drive and encourage everyone to keep surroundings clean.
5) Cleanliness Drive with school children: As part of the cleanliness campaign, a cleanliness drive was also organized at the IFFCO chowk Metro station on 1st October 2016 in association with the Shri Ram School-Moulsari (Gurgaon). More than 50 student’s alongwith Delhi Metro officials, staff and teachers from the school participated in the campaign with great enthusiasm. The school children displayed posters and performed street plays to spread awareness about cleanliness and hygiene as part of the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’. This cleanliness drive with school children will continue on the 22nd October and 26th November 2016 also. (Photos attached)
During this ‘Swachh Metro’ campaign from 2nd October, 2016 to 7th October 2016, DMRC will involve its entire staff and stakeholders like CISF, housekeeping agencies, parking contractors, facilitation staff etc. in working towards a clean and green Delhi. The Delhi Metro has been considered as one of the most neat and clean Metro system in the world. Ever since the beginning of Swachh Bharat Mission two years back, DMRC in its entirety, had been following and practicing the objectives of this mission and it has been decided that the mission would continue with renewed vigour.