An incident happened at the Mohan Nagar Metro station construction site of the Dilshad Garden – New Bus Adda corridor today where a steel girder erected for the construction of a Foot Over Bridge (FOB) fell down causing injuries to five persons.
In view of the above incident, the following steps have been taken:
- The Project In-charge of the contractor, M/s GYT TPL of Mohan Nagar station has been removed.
- Services of the sub contractor engaged by M/s GYT TPL, the main contractor in this particular operation, Ruby Enterprises have been decided to be terminated.
- Show cause notice will be served to the sub contractor for barring them from taking part in any future works of DMRC.
- DMRC’s Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer in charge of the site have been suspended.
- An ex gratia payment of Rupees Two Lakhs will be paid to the seriously injured and an amount of Rupees One Lakh will be paid to the injured with minor injuries.
- The medical expenses of all the injured persons are being taken care of.