JANAKPURI WEST - KALKAJI MANDIR METRO CORRIDOR READY FOR OPERATIONS
JANAKPURI WEST – KALKAJI MANDIR METRO CORRIDOR READY FOR OPERATIONS
The Janakpuri West – Kalkaji Mandir section of the Magenta line will be the longest stretchopened so far in Delhi Metro’s Phase 3. The 24.82 kilometre long section comprises of 16stations including interchange facilities at Hauz Khas (with yellow line) and Janakpuri West(With Blue Line) and is part of the Magenta Line from Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden inNOIDA. The entire Delhi Metro network will then increase to 277 kilometres with 202 Metrostations after this section opens.The main features of this corridor are:
- Length: 24.82 kms(Underground: 21.8 kms, Elevated: 2.9 kms)
- Stations: 16 (14 underground, 2 elevated)
- Names of stations: Janakpuri West, Dabri Mor, Dashrathpuri, Palam, Sadar BazarCantonment, Terminal 1 – IGI Airport, Shankar Vihar, Vasant Vihar, Munirka, RK Puram,Hauz Khas, IIT, Panchsheel Park, Chirag Delhi, Greater Kailash, Nehru Enclave.
- Colour Code: Magenta
- Depot: Kalindi Kunj
- Interchange Stations: Janakpuri West (With the Dwarka – NOIDA/ Vaishali Blue Line)and Hauz Khas (With the Samaypur Badli – HUDA City Centre Yellow Line).
- Three stations of this corridor have been taken up for co-branding. These are Terminal 1– IGI Airport, IIT and GK Enclave.