Airport Metro Additional Services
Airport Metro Additional Services
Guidelines for City Check-in Passengers:
- Only bonafide air-passengers shall be allowed in the city check-in area, with valid air-ticket and valid photo identification card (voter ID, PAN card, driving license, passport/Govt. ID card). The photo ID card shall be considered only if it is in original and matching with the particulars of the person holding the air-ticket. No proxy check-in shall be allowed at CAT stations.
- Passengers are advised to properly secure and lock their baggage, get it strapped or stretch-wrapped, and security-sticker affixed on locks, or plastic seals in case of number-locks, before depositing the baggage with the CAT counter, failing which the airline shall not accept the baggage for check-in.
- Passengers are advised to label fragile items conspicuously, and carry them in accordance with the policy of the airline.
- Passengers are prohibited from carrying any dangerous or offensive goods/articles such as weapons, inflammable items, pets etc. inside the Airport Metro. They may refer to the relevant regulations, and the policies of airlines and AVSEC order no. 05/2005 of BCAS in this regard.
- Passengers are advised to remove old baggage tags, in their own interest, to enable easy tracking of baggage and to avoid mishandling.
- Only the baggage not exceeding the prescribed dimensions (35” X 25”) shall be accepted by the CAT counters. Any over-sized/over-weight baggage may be carried by the passenger in the train as per the prevailing policy of the Airport Metro
- Air-travelers can check-in at the CAT counters up to 6 hours in advance of their scheduled time of departure, subject to the policy of the airline. Check-in shall close at the CAT counters 2.5 hours before the scheduled time of departure.
- After having checked-in at the CAT counter, if the passenger chooses to reach the airport on his/her own, he/she cannot claim refund from DMRC for not having traveled by the Airport Metro Express Line. However tokens, if not used, must be deposited at a DMRC station.
- After depositing the baggage with the CAT counter, the passenger cannot re-claim it from DMRC at any stage. For any baggage related queries or complaints, the passenger has to contact the concerned airline at the Airport.
- Air-travelers shall start their journey from the Airport Metro station well in time so as to reach the Airport before the prescribed check-in time limit. DMRC bears no responsibility for any direct or consequential loss caused to any passenger who misses his/her flight on account of any operational or unforeseen delays connected with the train-journey.
- Boarding pass is not acceptable, in lieu of Airport Metro card/token, for travel by the Airport Metro. A passenger losing his/her Airport Metro card/token has to purchase a fresh Airport Metro card/token to complete the journey and exit the Airport Metro stations.
- Passengers shall follow applicable government regulations and airlines’ policies regarding entry into the Airport premises and travel by aircraft.
- Passengers are requested to leave the check-in area within 10 minutes of completion of check-in, to prevent crowding in the check-in area.
- On one single-journey Airport Metro token/card, a maximum of three number of baggage pieces per passenger shall be allowed entry into the check-in area.
- Delhi Airport Metro Express shall not be responsible for damage to any fragile item/ musical instrument/ scientific research instrument/ LCD/ speakers/ computer monitor/ key-board/ micro-phones or electronic components, if booked along with the checked-in baggage.
- Delhi Airport Metro Express shall not responsible for loss or damage to any high-value items namely security documents/diplomatic documents/antiques/jewellery/precious stones/ cash/ currency of any country etc. if contained in checked-in baggage.
- Unaccompanied passengers needing special assistance to travel, like minors, physically or mentally challenged passengers and senior citizens, shall not be permitted city check-in.
Terms and conditions for passengers depositing the baggage:
- The customer needs to produce valid photo identification at the time of deposit and delivery of baggage. In addition, the customer shall have to submit a signed requisition form related to the baggage, in the format prescribed by DMRC
- All baggage will be duly X-rayed for acceptance in the cloak room. In case of suspicious items, the baggage will be subjected to physical check.
- The customer must physically check the baggage prior to taking delivery from Delhi Metro Airport Express Line.; and no complaint will be entertained once the baggage is delivered to the customer.
- The baggage will be handed over to the customer only on surrendering the baggage deposit slip. In case the passenger is unable to surrender the baggage deposit slip, the baggage will be delivered only on receipt of indemnity bond from the passenger, in the format advised by DMRC.
- There is a lost deposit slip fee of Rs. 250/- to cover administration costs and time in dealing with this. Customer will need to show appropriate identification, and must be able to detail the contents of the baggage; both, to our complete satisfaction.
- Charges are subject to revision without notice. Charges will be calculated to the next full Hour for fractional time period.
- We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any baggage at its sole discretion.
- Bags not claimed within 7 days will attract penalty charges of Rs. 100/- per bag per day in addition to tariff charges up to the maximum of total 7 days. Thereafter the unclaimed bags will be deposited in central depository up till 30 days only. If the bags are still unclaimed after 30 days the bags will be disposed off.
- The customer is advised not to include fragile or precious items, money, keys, electronic equipments (laptop/computer, cameras etc.), precious metals, jewellery, negotiable instruments, business documents, valuable securities, medications, passports or any other identification documents, samples or any lighter/match box, or any banned substances in the baggage.
- Limited Liability Form is mandatorily to be filled up and signed to notify any pre-existing damage.
- Baggage will under no circumstances be released outside the published cloak room operational timings.
- Baggage for storage that is found to be previously damaged in any way may not be accepted. Such baggage shall be detailed in the documents prepared at the time of deposit. We may at our sole discretion, exclude any liability on bags which appear unsuitable for storage, overweight, unsafe, or previously damaged in any manner.
- We shall not be liable for damage to baggage which is in excess of recommended safety weight of 32 kg (66 lbs) per bag.
- Liability in any event, for loss, theft or damage occasioned to baggage, in storage or transit from storage, is limited to Rs.100/- per kg.
- All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Delhi.
For any queries related to Airport Express Metro Line, please contact Helpline no. 011- 30802080